| Those navy blue schemes are so cool! |
I have a bit of an affinity for the FJ Fury, with its cool Sabre look (particularly the FJ-2 or -3 versions) but sporting a U. S. Navy paint scheme (I really wish someone would make the -1 and the -2/3 versions as 3D prints - wait, there are some available, but they do not look grand). One can obtain a quality FJ-4 model and I have a pair from Flight Deck Decals (you can see the posts featuring these HERE). I could order some F-86s and try to fool with the stabilizer as the Fury had a horizontal version while the Sabre's was slightly angled upward) but that sounds like 3D print breakage waiting to happen.
Here are a selection of books one should consider if wanting to learn more about the FJ Fury:
FJ Fury in Action - Venerable Squadron Signal offering from 1990 and authored by Jim Mesko, who has written several other titles for Squadron.
FJ Fury in Detail & Scale Vol. 68 - There can be some great value in Bert Kinzie's books, although they can be very detail heavy (and hence more suitable for model builders). Packed with photos and some color profiles. This is the first edition - the Detail & Scale coverage of the Fury was later expanded into two volumes (see following).
FJ Fury in Detail & Scale Vol. 12 Part I - A much expanded version of the previous entry that covers the Fury FJ-1 through FJ-3 series and includes 102 pages, 264 photos (many in color), along with ten color profiles.
FJ Fury in Detail & Scale Vol. 13 Part II - An extensive look at the FJ-4 series with 102 pages, 209 photos (145 in color), and eleven color profiles.
The North American FJ Fury - From the classic Profile Publications series (Number 42, 1965). A dozen pages with some color profiles. This can be found on aftermarket sites, usually for just a few dollars.
And of course we need stats. I based the following on the last model of the F-86 which appears in the Indo-Pakistan scenario book. The weapons have been updated to reflect the four 20mm cannons found on the Fury.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comment and will review and add shortly!