Ah, eBay, the evil shopping site that causes me to lose too much time in trying to source quality painted aircraft. Luckily, there is a gamer who mentioned on the Check Your 6! discussion group that he was selling off his collection, and so I have been able to score some interesting aircraft - none of which were needed mind you, but certainly desired!
First, a half dozen Heinkel He 111s, painted up for the Battle of Britain, and in this case are the old Falcon Miniatures castings. In actuality, since being able to pick up some other Battle of Britain aircraft from a gaming buddy (featured HERE), this purchase actually does fit! I can add two more scenarios from the various with the addition of these Heinkels, and admittedly I was able to win these for far less than I expected.
| Picture from eBay listing |
The paint work is very good but there are a few inconsistencies with the decals - German crosses are not all the same size, some are not on the undersides of the wings, and some are at a bit of an angle, but truly trivial points when it comes to the overall look.
![]() |
| And a picture upon arrival. |
I hope to win more auctions from this seller as I am rather pleased with this first purchase, and it helps me to quickly add to my collection!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comment and will review and add shortly!