The latest addition to my growing collection of gaming mats for Check You 6! - another fine effort from Deep Cut Studio. I placed my order on July 14th, and it arrived from Lithuania on July 27th - thirteen days - which I feel is a pretty good turnaround for a custom mat. I needed (wanted) a desert/arid looking mat, and as I have been super happy with my previous orders from Deep Cut, I decided to go with their aerial desert offering, with an overlay of 1.75" hexes in dark brown. This mat will see service for my Darwin and 1948 Arab-Israeli games - while probably a little too arid for the Australian terrain, this now should be - I say partially knowing it might not be true - the last mat I will need.
A couple of pictures from a recent Darwin game:



Deep Cut makes superb mats, but I think you're kidding yourself if you think that's your last one. Gamers love their toys... ;)
ReplyDeleteIndeed...I am already thinking of adding a MiG Alley mat, and getting another sea mat with the hex lines a little more defined - the one I have is difficult to see.
DeleteI asked for a quote from DCS and then my truck's AC unit went out on it twice in about5weeks.so htere went my spending money(and then some) I'm going to order an all cloud map after I can save up some money.
Deleteclear skies
Oh man, that sucks! Gaming takes a backseat to life! But once you do get that mat, you'll be happy, happy, happy!
DeleteI have the MiG Alley map and loveit, you probably will too.
Deleteclear skies,
Leif