Sunday, July 14, 2024

Wings of Glory AAR

The repainted Nieuport 11

So the announcement came on the Wings of Glory Aerodrome - the July session of the Wright Flight would be Nieuport 11s facing off against Fokker eindekkers. We had a large turnout, with over a dozen players. Apparently last minute a decision was made to do some sort of odd Cthulhu game? WTF? I didn't drive an hour to game fantasy! Luckily the G Dog brought planes to stick with the original plan while the heretics played in the other event...but then also appeared on our table Nieuport 16s and Halberstadt D.IIIs! Would my little Chapman N.11 make it?

The target for the Allies was a drachen, with three N.11s and one N.16 facing off against a pair of Fokkers and a pair of Halberstadts. To be honest, I was having too much fun poking one my Nieuport partners to focus much on the game or take many pictures, but one N.11, the target of my fun, was able to cause a fire on the balloon as he himself was shot down, both from plane damage and a second pilot wound. Another N.11, using incendiaries and colliding with the balloon, also inflicted a great amount of damage. I used my Nieuport to snipe at the opposing German aircraft, avoiding the the ground fire while throwing out a little damage here and a little damage there. I started taking hits in return, and decided, with the remaining Nieuports now heading beck to Allied lines, that it was time to leave the fighting as well. The balloon burned up before reaching ground, so it was an Allied victory.

Staying on the periphery, causing damage as I go

The flaming Jean Navarre Nieuport, before meeting his demise

In the future I will be certain to bring extra planes and gaming mats to help stick with the original plan as all I brought was my single Nieuport 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment