Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Kościuszko Squadron - Let the Decals Begin!


I have been combing the world wide webs for some appropriate decals for the Table Top Flights' Ansaldo A.1s I've painted to represent the Kościuszko Squadron. While the sizing of the some of the following are a tad off, they will make these planes really pop.

First I ordered from I-94 to obtain Polish national markings. These have been applied on top of the upper wing and the bottom of the lower wing. While they should be a bit larger, they are looking good. The I-94 decals are easy to work with as the decals are individual, not one large decal film that covers the entire sheet. I have yet to place smaller national insignias on the tail, but once I tackle that the national markers are complete.

Today arrived the numbers and the Kościuszko Squadron decals from Miscellaneous Miniatures. These come on one large decal film, so close trimming will be in order. The black numbers have a white outline, which is not accurate, but I could not find something I liked that were close to the correct size. Not a huge deal...the white on the numbers going on the wings will barely be noticeable due to both the thinness of the white outline and the light colored wing. Along the darker side they might be a tad showy, but I can live with that. Black numbers, 5mm in height, in six positions, will be the task.

The squadron markings go on each side of the fuselage, aft of the number. One of the smaller (but not smallest) sized decals will be used. Should fit nicely with the plane number.

I hope to have the planes fully decaled over the next few days, once once I do (and a coat of varnish has been applied) then the Snipes on the Hunt scenario will be ready to roll out at the local game store!

No comments:

Post a Comment