Saturday, July 27, 2024

Kościuszko Squadron - The Decals (and Planes) Are Complete!

It seems to take me a bit of time to complete hobby projects - probably why I like to either buy painted planes, or have others paint for me. It is not that I am lazy in this aspect - time gets in the way and at times frustration with a quality looking finished project prevent me from doing more. However, in this case, while these two planes took me months to finally complete (and they aren't...still need to varnish them), at least I can say I am mostly happy with how they turned out.

Some things that still bother me - the Polish insignia on the top wings should be larger, the numbers should not have white outlines, a few of the decals are slightly crooked, and the squadron markings do not stand out. The painting is decent, but not superb (the fuselage color needs to be a tad lighter I think). Some of these issues are what they are - based on what I could find for decals, I used what I could source. As for painting, I could keep fiddling with this or that, and still not be 100% satisfied. The crooked decals are not really that noticeable, and as far as the tree feet distance rule...they look good. So, DONE (well, other than the varnish).

This is what I was shooting for:


And this is what I came up with:




Planes - Table Top Flights
Decals - I-94 (national insignia), Miscellaneous Miniatures (numbers and squadron markings)

No comments:

Post a Comment