Monday, July 15, 2024

Kościuszko!


After a couple of months of not touching any of my Wings of Glory projects, I have been slowly working on a pair of Ansaldo A.1s for the Kościuszko Squadron. I believe I have them completed from a painting perspective - now I just need to order decals to mark the planes. They are not perfect, but looking pretty decent I think, and once the decals have been added and a final coat of sealer has been applied, they should look good on the tabletop. 

These are resin prints, from Table Top Flights. Good prices and service from Mike over at Table Top. 

Oops, just noticed I forgot the radiator on the top wing, so I have now taken care of that task, and with a little more touchup around the radiator, the painting will be completed.


I've put together the framework of a scenario, pitting the two Ansaldos, along with a Camel, against two Soviet Sopwith Snipes. Balance should be decent - the Ansaldos are similar to the SPAD XIII, so think boom and zoom. The Snipes are speedy and maneuverable, but slightly balanced by the Camel. The scenario, called Snipes on the Hunt, is available in the Downloads section to the upper right.

No comments:

Post a Comment