A couple of weekends ago I hosted a pair of games featuring the Swiss defending their airspace. Both scenarios are based on historical events. While I am not able to piece together enough details to make an after action report, here are the pictures from both games.
In both games the tail gun from the German bombers was able to cause damage on an attacking fighter with a paltry 1 result on a single die. And in both games a fighter went out of control for several turns. I had not experienced that sort of strange commonality in games before. Also, you will notice some blue tokens - I have decided to use a rule in which a plane that climbs may only fire at same or higher TAL while one that dives may only fire at same or lower TAL. The tokens are from a Litko set, and I had them make just "climbed" and "dived" tokens.
I also used a different ratings for the various models of Messerschmitts. The E-1, E-3, and E-4 were all being used by the Germans at this time so I use a random roll to determine the model for each Bf 109. In both games the German player wound up with one E-1 and one E-4 model.
The first game featured a Dornier Do 17 on a recon mission. Jumped by a pair of Swiss Me 109 DBs, and then a pair of German Bf 109Es come to the rescue.
 |
| A recon Dornier is not where he should be |
 |
| And the Swiss react |
 |
| The Swiss fighters were painted by Chris at I-94 |
 |
| Stung by a lone LMG, the Swiss player failed the robustness roll |
 |
| The Dornier finally goes down |
 |
| To the rescue, perhaps a tad too late |
 |
| Hoobestank lyric "I'm going out of control" comes to mind - I think it was five or six turns of failing! |
 |
| Passing Messerschmitts |
 |
| Still out of control...maybe that player should stop plotting F1 moves UNTIL he recovers? |
 |
| And as soon as he regains control, Emil is there to mop up! |
The second game saw a pair of French Dewoitine 520s chasing after a crippled Heinkel. A pair of Swiss Me 109s are guarding their border, while a pair of German Messerschmitts arrive to even things up. Had the French player crossed the Swiss border, the Swiss fighters were free to engage. The French player wisely choose not to violate Swiss airspace.
 |
| Don't get too close! |
 |
| The cavalry is on its way |
 |
| I told you not to get too close! |
 |
| A fighter furball |
 |
| Out of control? Really? |
Planes - Raiden
Stands and tokens - Litko
Mat - Deep Cut Studio
No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comment and will review and add shortly!