In an effort to track down 1/285 scale Great War aircraft, I have come across a couple of companies offering 3D prints. Paint and Glue Miniatures, which I had come across before when looking about for 1/144 scale aircraft for Wings of Glory, also provides the same Great War aircraft in 1/285 (seventy-nine different planes). I have placed an order and will post pictures of the printed product once it arrives as I am eager to do the Werner Voss fight in 1/285, using my Check Your 6! Great War modifications.
The second shop is The Miniatures Marketplace, which has 444 aircraft of various periods available in a slew of scales. While many of these prints can be found at other retailers, The Miniatures Marketplace also has many prints that others do not offer, like the Rogozarski IK-3 and the Messerschmitt Bf-109D for example. Price points are a bit high compared to Flight Deck Decals or Table Top Flights, with medium and heavy bombers at stupid costs, but for smaller aircraft, ones that others do not have, they make a good alternative. They also offer price breaks when ordering larger amounts of aircraft along with free shipping so that does help offset the higher costs per plane. I am placing a small order and will also post pictures to provide some ideas of their print quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comment and will review and add shortly!