10.04.2026

Anschluss - What If War

Using comparative historical data (speed bands of eighty kilometers per hour/robustness that considers airframe toughness, construction material, radial vs. inline engine, self-sealing fuel tanks, armor, and number of engines/weapons rated on weight mass per second and rate of fire/maneuverability and agility updates/acceleration or lack thereof/climb rates based on feet per minute) I have created stats for my "What If War" aircraft. This conflict assumes that Austria resisted Hitler's attempts to take over by political means, and that Germany launched "Operation Otto" in response. As Austria had ordered several Heinkel He 112B-0s, another assumption is that they had been delivered.

Heinkel He 112B-0 in Austrian markings

The stats below in many instances are quite different than found in the Check Your 6! rules. However, based on the comparative data, I believe that these updates actually work. The Messerschmitt Bf 109B was a pig when it came to agility and maneuverability, but was an ideal boom and zoom aircraft. This is reflected in its speed and high acceleration and increased weapon mass, going from 1d4 per LMG to 1d6. The improved D model, with its more powerful engine, automated leading-edge slats, and improved roll rate, is a beast.


Again, these stats are based on the historical record, and are rated based on the other planes on the chart - I would not suggest using these stats other than for this very specialized focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment and will review and add shortly!