Thursday, May 23, 2024

A Little More on Wake

The Wake Island Check Your 6! project has been sitting around for a few years now. I went ahead and ordered Brewster Buffalos from Pico Armor to use in some hypothetical scenarios. A squadron of Marine Brewsters (VMF-221) were on the Saratoga and dispatched to reinforce the atoll. Things of course did not shake out that way, but could make for some fun games. Still need to ship them off for painting!


I will still need to purchase a sea mat with 1.5 inch hexes, which I think I will obtain from Deep Cut Studio. A friend ordered a desert mat from them recently, with hexes superimposed, and it looks rather nice. Deep Cut, although based in Lithuania, has great turnaround time to the U. S., and their custom work is nice (I had a custom sized mat made for Wings of Glory). 

Sample image from Deep Cut Studio website

Another addition was a Fight's On Wake Island terrain piece (Fight's On now owned by I-94 Enterprises). It should not take long to paint, but I want to wait until I receive my ocean mat so I can match the colors outside the atoll with the mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment