Sunday, June 16, 2019

Check Your 6! - New Projects

After another great Game Day I have decided to expand my Check Your 6! collection a bit. I am selling off my Spanish Civil War planes so that I can start a few oddball projects that I have more interest in.

At Game Day I picked up the remaining aircraft that I need to complete all the 1948 Arab-Israeli scenarios I have collected, written by Rob Wubbenhorst and published in Wargames Illustrated. I also picked up a few P-40B/Cs to start either a Pearl Harbor or Flying Tiger project. As I already have some P-36s doing a Pearl Harbor scenario might be fun, but I also now have, via a trade, a few Ki-27 Nates, so I might hold off on Pearl as that involves buying all the Japanese forces as well.  

I haven't purchased the planes yet, but the Football War (1969) saw Corsairs and Mustangs used in Central America, and I have the workings of a scenario in mind.  

I also have an idea for Swiss/German fighting during World War II that could be interesting, and have completed a bit of research to create a scenario for that. I am getting some Bf.109s in a trade as part of the Spanish Civil War selloff.

4 comments:

  1. This looks cool! Which issue of WGI are these scenarios in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Issue 310 has the background and one scenario, the others I found on the WI website.

      Delete
  2. The Football War is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I left a comment on your blog today as you mentioned in a post about an online source for painting. Do you happen to have that link? Is it Wings Palette?

      Delete